Thursday, September 08, 2005

 

Stuff and Berger Fix on Internet Chat Sites

On the Oct 5th deadline to sign Kovalchuk or he plays the year in Russia....From a source about Kovalchuk, "The way it works is that the deadline can pass Oct 5 as long as he doesn't play a game in Russia...If he plays one game he can't get out..."

This source, a very respected hockey guy, also believed that the Kovalchuk deal in Atlanta would get done and that they are just negotiating years....I am not so sure...we will see, and I will continue to hunt.

Macinnis...according to future blogger for hockeybuzz.com, AndyStrickland, Al Macinnis will hold a press conference with the Blues tomorrow to announce his retirement.


BY HOWARD BERGER

The Fan-590 Radio, Toronto

It has recently been brought to my attention by a close friend that there are a number of Internet chat sites devoted to the Toronto Maple Leafs. I’m not sure why this took me by surprise, considering that every topic from A to Z has some form on on-line connection these days. But, I had no idea about the scope of the industry. I was aware of one such entity – TMLfans.ca – whose proprietor, Rick Couchman, I’ve come to know in the Air Canada Centre press box over the years. Rick’s a good guy, and he isn’t prone to viewing all things Leaf related through rose-colored glasses....

For the rest of the story click here
  • GET YOUR BERGER FIX



  • << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?