Thursday, June 09, 2005

 

Update on Meetings...

A great time was had at the Calder Cup Finals last night, in a spirited game by two of the most talented AHL teams you'll ever see. The Phantoms now hold a 3-0 lead in a series that has been much closer than that implies... with the Phantoms winning 1-0, 2-1(in 2 OT), and 2-1. All this is proof that low scoring games can be exciting....plenty of scoring chances. It made us question if rule changes were needed at all. It was great hockey...in a great atmosphere. 12,000 hockey fans dying to cheer for the sport. I overheard someone yelling , "Let's go Flyers" before she caught herself. This wasn't an odd thing to hear. We were watching the Phantoms, but we were feeling the Flyers. It was a great play-off hockey fix. Game 4 is Friday, if you are within a few hours I of Philly, and miss that play-off feeling, you should come to the game.

Anyway, I was pulling out my hair trying to get the new blackberry working, so I was out of the loop for a while....I am a man who needs e-mail to do this job! (I had over 200 e-mails from 4pm to midnight)

I heard from a source this morning that last nights meetings went until around 7pm and then the sides continued to work on their own until around 10pm.

As sources wake up this morning I will post info on what we know was accomplished...

The sides continue their talks this morning....



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?