Wednesday, June 22, 2005

 

Status of The Talks

I wanted to quick say thank you for making yesterday the biggest day ever on the blog...Over 300,000 hits to the single page! Absolutely incredible, and the message board and chat rooms are keeping pace as well...

Many, many rumors swirling today. Most of which are WAY off the record....

Talks are at a sensitive, but extremely stable stage and I refuse to put anything out there to hinder that right now...my first responsibility is to the sport's return...I will not put out a scoop that could hurt that....I promise if there is reason for concern i will tell you.....I am not hearing anything currently anywhere that would imply any deal breakers are growing...

The rumor is that today, talks continue with much of the time spent in caucus going over and over details...last night they met until midnight....I honestly can't imagine how much coffee Saskin, Daly, and company are going through...

from a source, "I was told that when they encounter glitches they work through them in a very professional manner. Sometimes it is 3 steps forward a half a step back...Everyone wants to know when, but the focus should be more on the fact that it will get done. When is dependant on so many variables...All I know for certain talking to those involved is that it appears barring an absolute collapse that hockey will be back, and the game will be a better game. A great game will be better than ever. Just look at the guys coming in...that combined with the rules changes we are hearing rumblings of...I can barely wait!"

Assuming a deal is struck in a reasonable time, there are rumors about opening night being October 5th, a week earlier due to the Olympic break. "There will be some great games scheduled for that night to kick things off..there will be a focus on rivalries to get it started..."

NOTES: Thanks for your numerous (almost 500) emails stating what you want from EKLUND'S ULTIMATE HOCKEY POOL. I have been using the creative energies of myself and others in putting together a league that will be the most interactive and exciting in all of hockey...I will release the details shortly...Also, yesterday was our best day ever in raising funds for the future website and hockey internet radio station...I really am overwhelmed by your generosity and you kind notes...I promise you the Eklund's Hockey Website will be all you want it to be. I am dedicating all my energies to making a website that is a part of the rebirth of the greatest sport on the planet...Your one time only $10 will gain you all sorts of perks, I promise....I won't forget who made it possible. to join today, click on the visa sign in the upper left. My goal is to make a place where you can waste countless hours at work and get all fired up for the evening's game. And I know we can do it! (if you have any suggestions bring them on!)



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?