Tuesday, February 22, 2005

 

Leafs Fan-16

Well, first off I'm 16 years old. I've been a fan of the Leafs since I can remember but only watched a few games here and there and followed the stats a little bit. But during the 2nd half of last season I became an avid fan, watched every Leaf game that was on t.v., and followed the stats so close you'd think I was crazy. Now I have all kinds of Leaf stuff, I have Leaf sheets, scoreboard light on the roof of my room, Leaf calendar, Leaf puck, a framed 1997-1998 Sundin hockey card. You name it I most likely have it. I also have 100's of hockey cards that was past down from my brothers of the early 90's.

Anyway, since I was so much more into the NHL I was so excited for this season, and I was really hoping to finally go to a live Leaf game at the ACC. I also found a great hockey forum with great hockey fans at metroboards.com. They all have they're own opinions and I've had great conversations about the Leafs and all of the NHL with them. Then through that site I found this blog, though I already was optimistic about the season being saved, listening to TSN wasn't all that helpful to my optomism. But I had hope. Now with your site Eklund, I've found hope, and I've been to it just about everyday, several times a day to find something to lift my spirits in the dark times.

In the last 1-2 weeks I have gone through an insane amount of emotions, from extreme happiness seeing the NHL and NHLPA so close to a deal before the press conference, than down to a shallow almost unspeakable sadness and disappointment afterwards, then through that all again when they had the last meeting. I won't say I'm sick of it, because I still hope they get a deal done soon, whether it be too save this season or more importantly the next one. If you read this, I'll be happy, if you post it on your website I'll be flattered. Well anyway that's my story.

Thanks for the hope.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?